Thursday, May 28, 2015

Book update

Plugging away slowly. Sometimes two sentences might take weeks of research and verification! I estimate that the book will run to around 77,000 words. I have spent a lot of time making sure all findings are verified for the purposes of evidence but also for use by future researchers. I have just finished the chapter on the Portuguese period which is about 5,000 words and am happy with the result.

Looking back at my essay which is online - I can see it's flaws and gaps. I know that the book will overcome these problems. The challenge also is the write for multiple audiences - the general learned public, family historians, academics, people with a knowledge of Sri Lanka (those with none), people familiar with Judaism (people totally unfamiliar) ... so hopefully there is enough for everyone.

No comments: